Saturday, December 17, 2011

May 2011 Photos Part 6 -- Celebration and Swinging

At the end of May we celebrated two birthdays -- Liberty's and mine. We got to hang out with Grandpa and Grandma again.
Just look at that smile!  :)

The two candles are for little Miss Two, and the three are for me.  I'm really a little older than that. ;)


John sneakily took pictures of me pregnant.  I didn't eat the whole pie. ;)  I'm glad I'm not carrying a big baby in my belly anymore! 

Presents from Grandpa and Grandma... a doll with accessories!



Peter has taken a lot of interest in the piano lately.  It's only increased since May. 
She loooves babies.
Someone was a little sleepy.
Precious.




Not too sleepy to take a ride in the wagon.
Grandpa had also fixed up the old swinging place for the grandkids.  The weather was just beautiful, so we all gathered around while the children played.


Stick... one of the five best toys of all time.









The neighbors have sheep and goats.



In this photo Tirzah and Liberty were looking at a turtle the children found.


The swing was a lot of fun.  Sadly, the swing limb fell not long after we'd been there.  So there's no more tree swing at Grandpa and Grandma's, at least for now.  That tree swing had so many memories for me.

This relatively small loss is another tiny drop in a sea, the waves of which rise and fall and lap on the shores of my mind... reminding...  change is inevitable...  you can't cling to anything... home, the past, family... all passing away... there's no place like home... but this world isn't it...

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away" (Luke 21:33).

No comments:

Post a Comment