Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Poor, Neglected Blog ;)

Hello, world.  We got back in the wee hours of the morning from a road trip to Arizona.  John had been asked to come and share some lessons with some churches there.  The children and I went along for a family and educational experience primarily, although I do hope we also encouraged the brethren in our own small way.  The children certainly provided an abundance of energy and entertainment.  :)

My blogging time has been severely limited of late, even before our travels began.  At this point, as I'm about to immerse myself in a flurry of returning-home activities, I feel that I don't know when I'll ever have time to blog much again.  But maybe that's temporary.  Like it has been for at least a month?  Maybe it's a seasonal thing.  Or maybe it's just my life.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I have been reading.  I finally finished Atlas Shrugged.  I would love to share some thoughts related to that and quotes from it at some point... but... we'll see.  I'm currently working through The Christian Counselor's Manual by Jay Adams.  Yesterday as we were driving I began to feel that I was finally making some headway in it, but this morning I'm looking at how far I got in the two weeks we were away and it's a little discouraging that I worked on it all that time but only covered about 70 pages!  No wonder it takes me so long to finish a book these days!  Granted, this book deals with some deeper concepts and has a lot of small-print notes and scripture references, and topics often led to thought and/or discussion with John about them as we traveled along.  So perhaps if it had been Black Beauty I'd been reading, I would have made more progress.  I can hope, anyway.


Share

1 comment:

  1. Missed you!! :) And it's all about priorities. . .you gotta *make* time to blog. chuckle

    ReplyDelete