Thursday, June 11, 2009

Grandpa and Grandma "Smarks"

Okay, let's go back in time a bit. Here are a few pictures from the day Liberty was born. I didn't get to them before. I thought we'd gotten more of the children holding her, but apparently those must have been on my mom's camera instead of ours. So we got some more the other day with Granny (my Grandma), who is always very good about being sure we don't forget to take pictures. I'll try to put those up in another post at some point.


Tirzah is a very loving big sister. She still calls Liberty her "bwuda-sista" sometimes, when she doesn't call her by her name, which I guess comes from us referring to her as her "brother or sister" when she was in the womb. We explain that she's her sister, and sometimes she'll even say that to us and seem to get it, but she hasn't entirely dropped the other label yet.




Here Tirzah got distracted because "Gwanpa Smarks" showed up (that's what she calls my dad, and often my mom too, lol).


Bethany and Peter with Liberty. All the children are very fond of Liberty, but Peter has held her less frequently. I guess it's a boy thing -- he will stop and admire her now and then but he doesn't ask to hold her like all the girls do. At first he declared her to be cute, but not as cute as a toad. Then later on he said that she was barely cuter than a toad. Finally, he decided she was some number of times cuter than a toad -- four, I think it was. Yes, this is considered a compliment coming from him, by the way; toads rank high in what he considers "cute."


Mom with Bethany, Peter, and Liberty.


Dad came in the evening. Mom had been here all day taking care of us. Thanks, Mom!!!


And here are a few more pictures of Liberty, taken more recently (the 5th). She's changed quite a bit already!
Another smile!

"Am I tired!"

Good Night! I'll leave you with a couple Bible verses relevant to Liberty's name.

"But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does." James 1:25

"'And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.'" John 8:32

1 comment:

  1. I love the way kids just intuitively love babies--they know what a blessing they are! The pics are just great--glad you have a digital camera this time around! :) Easton and Kiana just love babies. I was holding Matyus at services the other night, Kiana came up reaching upward, I thought maybe she was jealous. . .but no, not over me, she wanted the baby!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete